As I type, mom and dad are journeying nine hours from northern Michigan to the windy city. What’s on deck:
1) The Chicago Blues Festival. The primary reason for the trip — my dad’s a blues hound.
2) Billy Elliot. I’ve seen it, and now my mom wants to — while we leave dad to bob his head to the same repeating beat in Grant Park.
3) The request. Anyone have four Second City tickets to spare for Saturday night, 8pm? I’m a horrible son and waited ’till the last minute to order them, and they are sold out.
4) Low Down Dirty Blues. The back-up plan should we not get Second City tickets.
5) Wine. Oh, the wine. Accompanied by a little dinner.
6) Tonys! While they will have left by then, I, along with a few friends, will watch with vague amusement. I know virtually nothing about this Tony Award season. But I hear Glee is performing? What the hell is going on over there, Broadway?